Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
L-Tyrosine in addition to Vyvanse?
ADDwarrior5 posted:
I'm hoping to get Gina's opinion, and I'd value the input of anyone else as well. Is it ok to take 500 mg of L-Tyrosine in addition to Vyvanse? And will it have the efficacy I'm looking for? Here's my situatuion. I'm a 38 year old male and I've been on 50mg of Vyvanse for about a month and so far so good, though sometimes I feel like it's fading too soon. I work from 7am - 530 pm, then I go home and do the real work, taking care of 5 year old twin boys and a 3 year old girl. They are up until about 8 - 9pm. I don't like it when my meds wear off and they are still up because I do sometimes get irritable / tired, and I want to be on top of my game when I am with them. I started taking my meds a little later in the morning so they'd last, but of course that is at the expense of my first few hours at work. I've seen a lot of people praising L-Tyrosine, and in some cases they indicated that they added it because they were on a lower dose of Vyvanse than they felt they needed. I came to the (amateur) conclusion that I may be able to get an extra boost from the L-Tyrosine. So, am I on the right path, and are there any concerns I should watch out for? I've only been on the L-Tyrosine for about a week, so I am not really expecting any impact yet.

Featuring Experts

My foray into the field of ADHD began by chance. In 1999, I picked up a library book about the brain. And what I read changed my life and my husband&#...More

Helpful Tips

Teaching Your Child to Swallow a PillExpert
Many children (and adults) have difficulty swallowing pills. This often becomes critical as many long-acting medications can not be ... More
Was this Helpful?
8 of 8 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.