Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Help- worried about meds.
booberryjuice posted:
I just read that it is NOT good for you to take trazodone and prozac. How does anyone else feel about this? My son -10, is taking trazodone at night to sleep, otherwise he was waking up to 3 times a night with anxiety. this has helped allot, We did try melatonin first and it didnt last. He also takes prozac in the am's for OCD ,(it helps a bit but not for all of it) but helps enough that we think its worth staying on for now. But now reading about the 2 of them - worries me to no end. Also he started to wet the bed in the early morning- just before he wakes up, says he didn't feel it and didn't realize he had to go, is this from the meds??? Or because he had too much sugary drinks those days?? he did have 1 can of soda both days. I don't know - i will call the doc. in the AM and get him checked. We are missing soo much school already this year - and its only going on the third week. What ever happened to the chats on here?? could sure use them for a faster turn out -- people don't seam to move along on posts that fast....

Take the Poll

How happy are you with your child's medications on a 1-10 scale?
  • 1-2 : not working - worse- no improvement
  • 3-4 : Ok - but not quite there yet - So-so - maybe needs extra
  • 5-6 : sort-of working - works for some things , but not others
  • 7-8 : Good - improvements - almost there - helps quite a bit
  • 9-10 : Woopey - yes, my child is back - Love it and all is good
vote
View Poll Results

choo_chu responded:
Taking trazodone and Prozac together can cause serotonin syndrome, which is when high levels of serotonin accumulate in your body. It's pretty uncommon. It usually occurs within a few hours of starting the drugs or if the drug dosages are increased. Doctors seem to commonly prescribe drugs whose interaction includes serotonin syndrome, and they don't tell their patients about the signs and symptoms. The signs and symptoms should be outlined in the insert that comes with the medication. If it hasn't happened, I wouldn't be too worried about it.

Just so you know, I'm not a doctor.

Featuring Experts

My foray into the field of ADHD began by chance. In 1999, I picked up a library book about the brain. And what I read changed my life and my husband&#...More

Helpful Tips

ADHD - Healing the Myth
Hi, This is a great video about the cause and natural solutions for ADHD that some very wise doctors are tuned into. You can view at ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.