Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
foucusing,,, help with adhd
An_254039 posted:
my son has been on medication for adhd for some time now. he has taken Adderall, concerta, and stritaria. each year his teachers start out with good reports, then half way thru they start to say he is unfocused. and cant concentrated and is every distracted. I have had some side affects with Adderall and stritara works great but the insurance company says he cant have it($300) with out, so we are on concerta. concerta was working but now I feel like they want me to up his doses. I just did that in September. is there something I can do so I don't have to keep my son home all day and away from socialization? he needs friends. I just need tips to help him stay focused.

momuv4girls responded:
Does your son regularly see his psychiatrist? The Dr. should be able to help with some of that, or at least direct you to a good Child Psychologist to work on skills.

What grade is your son in, and does he have an IEP for accommodations?

Thanks!
-Kathleen

Featuring Experts

My foray into the field of ADHD began by chance. In 1999, I picked up a library book about the brain. And what I read changed my life and my husband&#...More

Helpful Tips

ADHD - Healing the Myth
Hi, This is a great video about the cause and natural solutions for ADHD that some very wise doctors are tuned into. You can view at ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.