Skip to content
Who do I talk to, what should I do?
An_254437 posted:
I would like to thank, in advance, anyone who reads this post. I know it is very long but I am struggling for an answer and possible solution.
Throughout high school, I always rushed a lot of things, did homework,studying, project,papers all at the last minute and was very confused about my lifestyle. My mind always wandered in class and still does to this day. I picked up on piano late Sophomore year/ early junior year and had a piano teacher for a good year to a year and a half. I got into composing and I only studied Frederic Chopin pieces. Whenever I had the motivation to study another composer such as Mozart or Beethoven, even simple pieces, I would fail to focus on them and just shift to composing and completely failed to study it. When college came around, I was very misinformed on everything I did. I didn't understand how dieting worked, I didn't know how to properly work out and all these factors made me spiral down into depression.

Second semester of my freshman year, things turned around for three months when I started dating but then we broke up and it took me a long time to realize that my happiness could not be fulfilled by relying on another person. The final months of second semester were tormenting and I didn't know how to deal with it. When the time came to finally leave school and start my summer, things changed.

I picked up a caddy job which I would wake up at 5:30 am everyday and made me feel a lot better and scheduled. I changed my diet, worked out and spent a lot of time with my best friends. Summer was reallly great and in all of the pictures I am present it, it is clear I was at my utmost happiness level.

Now, I am in three and a half months into my second semester and rarely have I felt depressed. My mind still wanders and I find it hard to stick to a schedule. No matter how hard I try, I get in the habit of leaving things to the last minute because I convince myself that I'll get it done but usually it ends up not working out.

Recently, I experimented with Adderal. I took a 15 mg and that gave me headaches. For a whole week I took a 10 mg tablet everyday and somewhere along the third day, everything changed. I comprehended everything I studied, visualized and practiced. My speaking skills and interacting with people significantly improved. I began writing a melody on the first day and by the third, I kid you not, I improvised a Valse style piece with a Nocturne theme in the middle section. When I played the song in front of my music buddies, I asked them "what did you think of that song" and they remarked " it sounded like a mix of Mozart and Chopin." When I told them that I just literally improvised that song on the spot, they were astonished. I did not understand what was going on, but it was amazing. I started to become more organized and had emotions, which I rarely express fully. Everything I read and did expanded my mind and I understood everything. For the first time, emotions made sense. Everything made sense. I began researching Chemical imbalances of the brain through my Psych book and online sources and I am convinced I have an imbalance.

Long story short, my mind is always jumping from one thing to another with very little direct attention to the subject at hand. When I play piano, study, or do any activity without the use of adderall, I feel like a mindless zombie and do not feel like a normal human being and have been feeling like this since high school. I don't enjoy anything nor do I stay focused or motivated. When I am on adderall, I feel like I am on the same playing field as my peers and I also feel Brilliant, Motivated, Organized, Social and most importantly, Happy.

What should I do?

**Currently experimenting with 5mgs a day after not taking it for a few days. Tomorrow is day two of this experiment.**

Featuring Experts

My foray into the field of ADHD began by chance. In 1999, I picked up a library book about the brain. And what I read changed my life and my husband&#...More

Helpful Tips

Think really hard about medicating children
As a 22 year old with ADHD the best thing my parents ever did for me was not medicate me. I realized the tests I took at the age of 7 and ... More
Was this Helpful?
5 of 12 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.