Skip to content


    Exciting News for WebMD Members!

    We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

    And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

    What Do You Need to Do?

    The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

    Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

    Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

    i need help
    headabovewater52 posted:
    I am 52 years old here I was born with add/hd now called adhd I have every symptom there is. life for me doesn't make since for me anymore ive been on meds most of my life they do help. I blert out a lot cant sit still mind rushing all the time never finish tasks I have been divorced 3 times I am still a clown , I have night terrors so I smoke pot and that stops that ,I take zanax to sleep and ritilan during the life feels like a waste no one understands me I cant manage my life
    other ppl seem to do just great wish I was don't see any light at the end of the tunnel for me iam not much of a typer but have a lot to say
    beckysue2u responded:
    I am very concerned for you're welfare. Just reading your post makes me dizzy and anxious and I can feel that you are spinning out of control. As a 66yo diagnosed with ADHD (at 50) I can wind myself up into this exact state if I'm not very careful. What I've learned over many years, sometimes painfully, is that only YOU can change "you." Through 3 divorces and hundreds of hours of therapy have taught me that, regardless of what you think you know you are the only one who has the power to get yourself better. And you DO have both the power and the ability to change. I am NOT an expert here but it appears that you are in one of those situations where everything you are taking and doing is interacting negatively with everything else causing you to be in this precarious downward spiral. PLEASE get help.

    The first step you have to take toward getting healthier is to stop the spinning. In order to do that you should get help from a qualified professional. "Qualified" Professional isn't just someone with an MD or PhD after their name. Get yourself to someone who is a specialist in ADULT ADHD and do not hold anything back. If you get the feeling that you and the professional aren't connecting find someone else - quickly. You will not move forward until you get the drugs and your underlying issues sorted out. Night terrors are not related to ADHD so, once again, please get qualified help ASAP. Take care of yourself!
    mrmacmuddy responded:
    There is light at the end of the tunnel...I was diagnosed 6 months ago with son who I've had custody of since last November was also diagnosed with ADHD...My wife is what we could call "NORMAL"..By the way,I'm 53. It is always a struggle. To me it seems a little easier to take things day by day.I too have been divorced 3 times..Please just hang in there and pray for yourself and your family. Try to find a good therapist that you click with. Maybe even a group session on coping skills with ADHD. Good luck to you in the future.

    Featuring Experts

    My foray into the field of ADHD began by chance. In 1999, I picked up a library book about the brain. And what I read changed my life and my husband&#...More

    Helpful Tips

    How Can You Get Most Out This Community?
    Hello members, Welcome to the ADD/ADHD community! Please feel free to post or join in any discussions on this community. Useful ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    31 of 33 found this helpful

    Helpful Resources

    Be the first to post a Resource!

    Related Drug Reviews

    • Drug Name User Reviews

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.