Skip to content
Looking for a Lawyer to help an ADHD kid
rasco9 posted:
My step-son has ADHD and we spent over 10 years doing ARDS to review his progress and anger issues. At 16 my husband and my jobs forced us to go to France and my step-sons Mom would not let us take him with us. She wanted to take care of him because she had not spent much time with him. While we were gone he ended up getting in a fight and the other person was hurt. They arrested him, but the guy did not press charges so they released him. A year later someone decided to take up the case, he was tried as an adult and spent over a year in jail, with 7 years probation. We have been trying to get information but no one will tell us anything because he was tried as an aadult. He does not fully understand what is going on and even in the ARD was evaluated to be developmentally delayed significantly younger in maturity than his age. He does not seem to understand what all is required, he gets in trouble and we can't get any information. Please let me know if you know someone who can help.
humblejalopy responded:
Hi rasco9,

I don't have a personal referral I can give you, but I do know of a group that could help you find someone. They are called Christian Legal Society and they maintain a referral database for lawyers all across the States. (You can find the database here. ) So, regardless of your particular beliefs, I know you can go through them to find a good, qualified lawyer who might be able to help your stepson through some of this. I know it can all feel overwhelming, but there is help out there.

I hope this helps a little, and that everything works out all right for your stepson. Best of luck!

Featuring Experts

My foray into the field of ADHD began by chance. In 1999, I picked up a library book about the brain. And what I read changed my life and my husband&#...More

Helpful Tips

Very simple..
I am almost thirty and still struggling every day.. In my line of work Life and safety are at risk when I zone out. Recently, I have been ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

  • Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.