Skip to content
ADHD parent and raising ADHD son (13 yrs. old)
mrmacmuddy posted:
hello everyone,
I am new to this community. I am a 53 yr. old man diagnosed with ADHD. My spouse is not. My son that has been with us for 1 yr. was also diagnosed with ADHD..Help!!!
momuv4girls responded:
Is your son seeing a Child / Adolescent Psychiatrist?

If not, then that would be your first step. Finding a good Dr. is important for long term health.

Take care,
atti_editor responded:
Hi mrmacmuddy and welcome to the community,

I think that Kathleen's suggestion to see a Child/Adolescent Psychiatrist is an excellent one. I don't know how old your son is, but you might find this information on parenting a child with ADHD and this overview of ADHD in children helpful. If you are looking for more information, our ADD and ADHD Center is filled with slideshows, articles and other resources to help you understand and manage ADHD symptoms.

We also have this article (and many more in the center mentioned above) about adult ADHD and different management strategies you might be interested in trying. I hope you are able to find some information that works for your family!

Best wishes,

Featuring Experts

My foray into the field of ADHD began by chance. In 1999, I picked up a library book about the brain. And what I read changed my life and my husband&#...More

Helpful Tips

Talk to your doctor about correct doseages
I have tried many variations of adderall (10 mg, 20 mg, 20 mgXR, etc) It took me about 2 years of trying different variations, but I have ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

  • Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.