Skip to content
6yrs old ADHD
stephaniekent06 posted:
I need information about ADHD for children. My son was just Diagnosis need information on how to help him and activities that will help him. Parent information will help to this all new to me.

An_255468 responded:
Hello, I am taking a class on Learning Disabilities and Related Mild Disabilities. This week we are focusing on ADHD and part of my assignment is to respond to a post on WebMD. The first place I would start is to talk more with your son's doctor and ask for additional resources. You can also talk to your son's teacher, and any other staff that is now involved in helping your son be successful. This is not a death sentence, but I can say that it will be challenging. Go to your library and check out books on ADHD. Go over medications and look for hobbies/activities that your interested in doing/playing. He is not an alien and can still have relationships and good times with peers!

atti_editor responded:
Hi stephaniekent06,

I think that it is great that you are seeking resources and information to help you and your son navigate the world of ADHD. Here are some resources that I found that I think you will find helpful:

Here are some additional resources that focus on the parent:

Best wishes,
Atti

Featuring Experts

My foray into the field of ADHD began by chance. In 1999, I picked up a library book about the brain. And what I read changed my life and my husband&#...More

Helpful Tips

Focus on what is fixable
I'm a 41 yo mom of 4. When I feel like I can't get it all together with my house, I seek help of a caregiver who lives to organize instead ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.