Skip to content
adhd
An_255526 posted:
I am raising my grandkids and my 11 year old grandson has had adhd for 4 years. He was started on aderall 4 years ago. I a a nurses and at that time I took a nursing course on adhd and have been working with a doctor on the dosing. About 4 weeks ago his grades started dropping and behaviors started at schools. This week I have asked the school to note his hourly behaviors. I plan to take my grandson to the doctor and we may need to increase his dose. Right now he gets 10mg in the am and 5mg at noon. does anybody have any information on aderrall or any other information that can help e?

ubblessed responded:
My son has ADHD. I had to watch his behaviors and actions to know how much and when he needed medication. I believe that each individual is different as to the way they react to medications. My son could not focus; however, when I gave him Ritalin (20 years ago) in the morning before school, he could focus until it wore off. I set up his schedule to have English and Math in the morning and when it was wearing off - he had PE. He would eat lunch, then have another dose of Ritalin. This is what I discovered on my own. When I was doing what the doctor said, my son wouldn't eat and he became very thin. I made sure he ate before I gave him the Ritalin because I observed what was happening to him. My son is 32 years old now and still needs to be on medication, but he won't take it anymore. He and his father think that I should NOT have medicated him at all. I work in the school system and I know that he would not be able to get an education without the medication.

Featuring Experts

My foray into the field of ADHD began by chance. In 1999, I picked up a library book about the brain. And what I read changed my life and my husband&#...More

Helpful Tips

Think really hard about medicating children
As a 22 year old with ADHD the best thing my parents ever did for me was not medicate me. I realized the tests I took at the age of 7 and ... More
Was this Helpful?
5 of 12 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.