Skip to content
Problems with employement
atb224155 posted:
I'm a 25 year old who was diagnosed with Asperger's Syndrome, ADHD, dyslexia, and anxiety:

My biggest problem is that I am suppose to have a job and have already graduated from high school and 2 job assessments. I have been to several interviews here in Nevada and no one is willing to hire me at all. I'm almost at the end of my rope and don't know what to do. Does anyone have any advice for one with more issues than most?

atti_editor responded:
Hi atb224155,

You might find this article on ADHD in the workplace helpful. Have you tried working with a career counselor? The article suggests finding a counselor who can help identify a job that fits with your interests and needs -- maybe one with flexible hours or an environment that suits you. This slideshow also has some daily living tips for ADHD that could help in your job search and beyond. I hope that you are able to find the right job for you soon, don't get discouraged! I'm sure other members will add their experiences and tips soon.

Best wishes,
Atti

atb224155 replied to atti_editor's response:
I have a job developer, but despite that and articles. Nothing has come up at all.

Featuring Experts

My foray into the field of ADHD began by chance. In 1999, I picked up a library book about the brain. And what I read changed my life and my husband&#...More

Helpful Tips

Focus on what is fixable
I'm a 41 yo mom of 4. When I feel like I can't get it all together with my house, I seek help of a caregiver who lives to organize instead ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.