Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
help
navywife0120 posted:
I need some advice I'm at a brick wall. My son was diagnosed last year with ADHD they wanted to hold him back last year and I knew something was wrong so I brought him to the Dr he ended up passing he's now in first grade and struggling bad his school enacted the common core he's supposed to get special treatment like extra breaks but the principal told me not until he's closer to the mandatory tests he is doing great in math but with reading and writing he literally cries I'm seeing signs of dyslexia to add on to things do any of you parents have any ideas on how I can help him to make it easier on him

momuv4girls responded:
It is really important to get support in place now for your son - the longer you wait, the further behind he could become.

You need to request in writing that you want your son evaluated for an IEP. Have you done this yet, or heard about IEP's?

I am happy to pass along some info for you - unless you've already done that?

Here is a link to explore:
http://helpguide.org/mental/adhd_add_teaching_strategies.htm

Also, if you do care to write back, if you let me know your city and state, I can try to find you more specific resources.

Take care!
-Kathleen

Featuring Experts

My foray into the field of ADHD began by chance. In 1999, I picked up a library book about the brain. And what I read changed my life and my husband&#...More

Helpful Tips

ADHD - Healing the Myth
Hi, This is a great video about the cause and natural solutions for ADHD that some very wise doctors are tuned into. You can view at ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 1 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.