Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Job trouble
An_256437 posted:
I can't find a job that's a good fit for me. I have had issues with employment my whole life. I'm incredibly good at anything for a short period of time and then as my interest wains I get progressively worse until I'm either fired or quit out if shear disgust.

Can anyone recommend a strategy for finding employment that suits me?

Before you answer "do what you love" bear in mind I tried that for the last 18months and was forced back into sales because I couldn't make a living.

atti_editor responded:
Hello,

This article about ADHD in the workplace has some tips on how to find a job that is right for you, and ways to improve your odds of keeping that job. This slideshow about top concentration killers also has some information on things that may be hindering your work and solutions you can implement to avoid/fix the problem. I hope that some of these tips help!

Best wishes,
Atti

Featuring Experts

My foray into the field of ADHD began by chance. In 1999, I picked up a library book about the brain. And what I read changed my life and my husband&#...More

Helpful Tips

Think really hard about medicating children
As a 22 year old with ADHD the best thing my parents ever did for me was not medicate me. I realized the tests I took at the age of 7 and ... More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 10 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.