Skip to content
Includes Expert Content
When the Meds stop working
mssipequeen posted:
I am 38 years old, female and I have depression and ADHD. I have been taking Vyvanse 70mg and Pristiq 50mg for a 4 years. Sometimes I can't even tell if it's working. Im so tired of taking meds ...... I oftentimes can't handle high pressure situations and get overwhelmed. I often wonder if I should stop taking meds.
But I have gone like 2 or 3 days without the vyvanse before and I was felt exhausted , almost zombie like. so I don't know what is the best option ?

Gina Pera responded:
Hi m,

If perhaps I knew more about your situation, I could offer some advice. As it is, it's very hard to know what is the problem.

Is the ADHD diagnosis correct?

Could there be other issues, perhaps with thyroid or hormonal (with perimenopause)?

Have your ADHD symptoms been lifelong?

How were the medications introduced (one at a time? both together? at what dosage?)?

Are you making an effort to get good sleep and eat well?

How about exercise?

What other strategies have you put in place to help with ADHD symptoms?

See....ADHD treatment is not "simple."

best,
Gina

Featuring Experts

My foray into the field of ADHD began by chance. In 1999, I picked up a library book about the brain. And what I read changed my life and my husband&#...More

Helpful Tips

Focus on what is fixable
I'm a 41 yo mom of 4. When I feel like I can't get it all together with my house, I seek help of a caregiver who lives to organize instead ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.