Skip to content
Includes Expert Content
Will i be ok?
iliketobesafe posted:
so last night i took about 100 mg of methylphenidate by mistake thinking it was the 5mg tablets well the feeling that the pill gave me was about 100x as strong it didn't hurt and i just felt so intensely focused that i actually wrote a 11 page front and back review of a game to my friend over steam, after about 6-7 hours of nonstop typing to my friend i didn't realize got off like 3 hours ago i got up and looked at the clock noticing it was 6 or 7am and i wasnt tired i walked out to get breakfast long story short i figured out i took 4-5 27 mg tablets all in one sitting they were the ones that slowly let off the medicen. i was midly concerned but i didn't feek out because i felt fine , so i started goggling OD on it, i read alot of forms and stuff about extreme amounts being dangerous. I dont feel worried and quite franky im just very focused and zoned out but i got a spook when they said that one of the symptoms of ODing was cold sweats and dehydration, after evaluatingmy body those are the only signs i seem to be showing, should i be worried even though i don't feel bad and i feel like im coming down? [br>[br>Or should i flip **** and have my dad take me to ER right now.

Gina Pera responded:
Notification of this post just arrived in my e-mail, though you posted it 11 hours ago.

I hope that you are okay, and that in the future, you call or go directly to a local medical source rather than posting a query online.

Please don't take 100 mg again, if your usual dose is 5 mg. The medication affects much more than your "focus."

Featuring Experts

My foray into the field of ADHD began by chance. In 1999, I picked up a library book about the brain. And what I read changed my life and my husband&#...More

Helpful Tips

How I explained ADHD tardiness to my angry wife
The back story here is my wife and I had been in a "discussion" for about a week. It was pretty intense. She was upset that I got home over ... More
Was this Helpful?
31 of 33 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.