Skip to content
Focus on what is fixable
ADHD_Annimal posted:
I'm a 41 yo mom of 4. When I feel like I can't get it all together with my house, I seek help of a caregiver who lives to organize instead of paying a therapist. If u have young kids and work full time, someone or some business is caring for them. If you could have someone home with the kids cleaning and helping the kids learn good organizing habits for just a few hours of the day, it will be a huge help in the long run! Also, note that you wrote about the increase in symptoms correlating with your separation. Logic says treat the problem, not the symptom. Chances are that you are not sleeping well. This makes our issues worse. Instead of more adhd meds, consider following advice from your gen doc or a sleep doctor. In the meantime, don't focus on the crap we don't excel at. Ask for help in doing those things and delegate. Spend more time showing your kids and the world what your talents are! Best of wishes!
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Featuring Experts

My foray into the field of ADHD began by chance. In 1999, I picked up a library book about the brain. And what I read changed my life and my husband&#...More

Helpful Tips

Very simple..
I am almost thirty and still struggling every day.. In my line of work Life and safety are at risk when I zone out. Recently, I have been ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

  • Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.