Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
THESE ARE MY ALLERGY SYMPTOMS...CAN U TELL ME WHAT IT IS?
EdithMnz posted:
Hello, my name is Edith. I have been suffering with allergies for several years now. I am quite tired of it and cannot think of any other medicine to take. I have allergies all throughout the day, I sneeze a lot, my nose is always stuffy and everytime I blow my nose there is always blood that comes out with the mucus (sorry but I have to be specific). Also, it hurts when I blow my nose. My mouth swells up and not to mention I can sleep peacefully all night but everytime I wake up in the morning it never fails, allergies start up right away. It hurts so much & I hate getting itchy, watery eyes. I have tried Zyrtec, Nasonex, Benadryl.. you name it! I dont think any over the counter medicine from the store will help... I feel that my allergies are chronic! Please tell me what would be a good medicine for me? Your help and time is appreciated!

coughy16 responded:
Have you had allergy testing to determine what you are allergic to? If not, I would suggest making an appt with a good allergist for testing. Once you know what is causing the problems, you can try to avoid whatever it is, or possibly consider allergy shots. The shots have helped me tremendously.

sadiesweetie responded:
I have had the same symptoms since moving out West. I've also tried every allergy pill my doc is willing to prescribe to no avail. This spring, I tried a combination of Flonase with Allegra and it seemed to work for a while. However, last time I went to fill the Flonase, I was told it's not available. I'm not sure if my insurance stopped covering it or if they're not making it anymore.
The other thing that has helped me in the past is taking grape seed extract along with my multivitamin. My doc suggested taking a large dose of it...something about oxygen supply and circulation. I was skeptical but tried it and it did seem to help. I take four of them twice a day. I'm not sure how many mg are in each pill but ask your doc about it.
I hope that helps!

Helpful Tips

It helps me sleep
I been getting really bad hives for abot 3 months now, I have no idea why I would be getting hives I been very healthy my whole life, but ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Asthma and Allergies Center