Skip to content
Singulair
cyn22mull posted:
Hi. My ENT doctor put me on singulair, allegra, and a nasal spray for my allergies/asthma and about a month after I started taking these I started getting depressed, angry, anxious, and upset over little things. I was just down right mean for a few months and I hated feeling like that. I thought it was just stress as on my side effect sheet I get when I get medicines filled did not mention any of this as a side effect. I had taken allegra before so I didn't think it was that so I thought one by one I would stop the medicines until I felt better. I stopped the singulair first which was after about 7 months and I have been fine since. Has anyone else had this reaction? I have been fine so far without it and its been 2 months now. I will talk to my ENT when I go back next month.

Thanks!

coughy16 responded:
I have heard others say that they had that reaction to singulair, but unfortunately I can't remember who, or any details. Hopefully they will see your post & respond. Singular has been a huge help for me, with limited side effects, sorry I can't be more help!

Kacie123 responded:
I have noticed something about singulair myself, but could never pin point it. I sometimes forget to take it and it just feels like im gonna have a good day. Its like Im happy when I dont take it, and feel groggy when I do. I dont know if that makes any since, im unsure how to explain it. I think you should talk to your doc about it, and see if there is anything else you can take.
Good luck, hope it gets better
Kacie

cyn22mull responded:
Thank you both for the reply. I will talk to my doctor when I go back next month!

Helpful Tips

Eczema CareExpert
Emerging research has shown that skin barrier dysfunction plays a central role in atopic dermatitis. Both the involved skin and even the ... More
Was this Helpful?
24 of 34 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Asthma and Allergies Center