Skip to content

Announcements

Exciting News for WebMD Members!

We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

What Do You Need to Do?

The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

Sudden outbreak of what looks and feels like bug bites, but I know they aren't
    CoryOBrien posted:
    I randomly woke up one morning to them. At first I thought it was flea bites from my 3 cats, but my wife is completely untouched. Then I thought maybe I was allergic to our new bed sheets, but I'm getting the bumps in places where my skin has no contact with the sheets and my family has no history of any allergies and I've never been allergic to anything. My wife says maybe its from stress. But I've been way more stressed in my life and never had something like this happen. Any ideas on some other possibilities? It started with just a few itchy bumps like 1 or 2 on my arms and legs, now there are a quite a few on almost every part of my body. The itching is pretty much constant unless I get really into something, but even then it's only for a few min before even the distraction isn't good enough. And I've tried a couple over the counter anti itch things like the benedryl stick which failed and an ointment rub that worked for literally minute.

Amelia_WebMD_Staff responded:
    Hi CoryOBrien,

It sounds like you might have experienced a case of hives. Hopefully, the site is better now, but if not a cold compress may help. If you suffer from another reaction or are still having issues, you should contact your doctor immediately with any difficulty breathing, dizziness or swelling of the face, lips or tongue.

Here is a WebMD Overview on Hives to give you more information. Take care and enjoy the holiday!
    Best Wishes! Amelia

Helpful Tips

Tip: safe use of epinephrine auto-injectorsExpert
    For patients with allergic diseases that place them at risk for severe allergic reactions or anaphylaxis, epinephrine autoinjectors are an ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    16 of 28 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Asthma and Allergies Center