Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Sudden outbreak of what looks and feels like bug bites, but I know they aren't
CoryOBrien posted:
I randomly woke up one morning to them. At first I thought it was flea bites from my 3 cats, but my wife is completely untouched. Then I thought maybe I was allergic to our new bed sheets, but I'm getting the bumps in places where my skin has no contact with the sheets and my family has no history of any allergies and I've never been allergic to anything. My wife says maybe its from stress. But I've been way more stressed in my life and never had something like this happen. Any ideas on some other possibilities? It started with just a few itchy bumps like 1 or 2 on my arms and legs, now there are a quite a few on almost every part of my body. The itching is pretty much constant unless I get really into something, but even then it's only for a few min before even the distraction isn't good enough. And I've tried a couple over the counter anti itch things like the benedryl stick which failed and an ointment rub that worked for literally minute.

Amelia_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi CoryOBrien,

It sounds like you might have experienced a case of hives. Hopefully, the site is better now, but if not a cold compress may help. If you suffer from another reaction or are still having issues, you should contact your doctor immediately with any difficulty breathing, dizziness or swelling of the face, lips or tongue.

Here is a WebMD Overview on Hives to give you more information. Take care and enjoy the holiday!
Best Wishes! Amelia

Helpful Tips

It helps me sleep
I been getting really bad hives for abot 3 months now, I have no idea why I would be getting hives I been very healthy my whole life, but ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Asthma and Allergies Center