Skip to content
Includes Expert Content
Allergies
An_190860 posted:
Dr. Metz:

I have had a problem with allergies for 40 years (I am 48). I take Calaritan twice a day for approx. 6 months out of the year, mostly from Sept. to January. In the last several years I get a stiff neck and left shoulder when my allergies are their worst. The pain feels like a pinched nerve under my left shoulder blade. Causes a sharp pain in neck and left/upper back. Slight numbness in left arm. Trying to determine if this is allergy related or a coincidence.

Thanks
DZJ

DUKE MEDICINE
Gregory M Metz, MD responded:
Dear DZJ, sorry to hear about your pain and numbness. I do not know of a way to explain those symptoms in the context of your allergies. I would mention them to your primary care doctor so an investigation into other possible causes can be undertaken.

Helpful Tips

Tip: safe use of epinephrine auto-injectorsExpert
For patients with allergic diseases that place them at risk for severe allergic reactions or anaphylaxis, epinephrine autoinjectors are an ... More
Was this Helpful?
15 of 27 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Asthma and Allergies Center