Skip to content
Boils due to allergy reaction
rock33 posted:
My adult son gets large bumps under the skin on his face usually after he eats certain foods; i.e. cheese, rich sauces, etc. He avoids these foods but still gets these eruptions under the skin. He has been to a number of dermatologists, but none have been able to tell him why or solve his problem. We don't know of anyone with this situation. Can we get advice on how to correct/prevent this problem.
deluxehd responded:
You may want to try seeing an allergist. I would also suggest keeping a food diary - what he eats, when and if a reaction and how long it took. Does he take any preventitive medication such as an antihistimine? The more information you can provide a dr the better. Food labels really need to be looked at carefully for possible allergens.

Hope he is doing better and you get answers.
likechampagne responded:
I don't know if this relates to his issue. Ten years ago I was diagnosed with HS. I get boils the size of golf balls at times that next seem to go away. I had the surgery under my arms to remove the hair follicles but that did not stop them from popping up on other parts of my body. A year ago I decided to change my diet completely - no beef, pork, sugar, and light dairy. A few months later, all boils had disappeared. I only get them not whenever I give into gorge on one of those foods. I also have noticed that my immune system is weak due to all the heavy antibotics that I have been given over the years to treat the boils. So I try to stay way from them if can be.
undefined replied to likechampagne's response:
I agree. Maybe that's what I have too.

Helpful Tips

smoking main cause for it, stop it problem will go
my name is Ahmad and i am 37 years old. I visited different ENT's, got CTSCAN and even checked myself with dozen chest doctors. I am ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

  • Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Asthma and Allergies Center