Skip to content
severe allergic reaction
fare78 posted:
Hi , my little one got a very bad allergic reaction to something we hv no clue about, He ddint use anything new or did something new, it's so shocking.Can he get an allerggic reaction from something he has been eating/using from a long time, (he's 4yrs old). and i hv heard that once u get a allergic reaction teh next one wud be even more severe??? this time his eyes, lips and tongue swelled up and i gave him benadryl right away and took him to emerg thank God they were able to control it by mouth medicine. plz help me...

mrswhitecastle responded:
It's really scary, isn't it?!! When our daughter was 3, we ended up in the ER after she ate some cashews.

I'm so glad your son is doing OK now. Was he eating something before he reacted?

I think you need to see an allergist. An allergist will help you determine what your son is allergic to, and give you prescriptions for medications to be kept with him at all times in case it happens again.

Reactions can be different each time. Next time may be worse, or it may be better.

Our allergist also explained that kids don't usually react the first time they eat something they are allergic to. It's usually the 2nd time they eat it that you see symptoms. It is also possible to develop an allergy at any age.

There is a Food Allergies Families board here on WebMD that you may find helpful.

HTH!

Helpful Tips

Herbal health care product
Herbs Solutions By Nature is just the right destination for all those who have been looking for a herbal cure to their relevant disease. We ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 2 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Asthma and Allergies Center