Find Information About:

Drugs & Supplements

Get information and reviews on prescription drugs, over-the-counter medications, vitamins, and supplements. Search by name or medical condition.

Pill Identifier

Pill Identifier

Having trouble identifying your pills?

Enter the shape, color, or imprint of your prescription or OTC drug. Our pill identification tool will display pictures that you can compare to your pill.

Get Started

My Medicine

Save your medicine, check interactions, sign up for FDA alerts, create family profiles and more.

Get Started

WebMD Health Experts and Community

Talk to health experts and other people like you in WebMD's Communities. It's a safe forum where you can create or participate in support groups and discussions about health topics that interest you.

• Second Opinion

Second Opinion

Read expert perspectives on popular health topics.

• Community

Connect with people like you, and get expert guidance on living a healthy life.

Got a health question? Get answers provided by leading organizations, doctors, and experts.

Get Answers

can allergy shots cause issues with body weight?
karriewright123 posted:
I've been told allergy shots do not cause weight gain, but I have gained a little and I'm having a TERRIBLE time losing it. I'm very weight obsessed so I know all the things you are supposed to do. I'm just struggling and I haven't pin-pointed the issue. I am leaning more towards it having to do with my anti-biotics I was on for sinus infection, but I have been off meds for a month now. Any help is appreciated.
Aqua14 responded:
If you were more sedentary while you were sick with a sinus infection, that may have contributed to your weight gain because you did not burn as many calories through exercise while you were sick. I doubt very much that it is the allergy shots contributing in any way. Hope this helps. Judy
It's never too late to be what you might have been. ~ George Eliot. A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
JasonNyback responded:
There are a lot of people in this world who suffer from allergies, and this can really be a bothersome and downright depressing state of being. Your nose is runny, your eyes are itchy, you've got sneezes, just to name a few of the symptoms. It all depends on what you're allergic to as to what kind of symptoms you will have.

Helpful Tips

Eczema CareExpert
Emerging research has shown that skin barrier dysfunction plays a central role in atopic dermatitis. Both the involved skin and even the ... More
Was this Helpful?
26 of 36 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Asthma and Allergies Center