Skip to content


    Exciting News for WebMD Members!

    We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

    And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

    What Do You Need to Do?

    The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

    Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

    Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

    New Allergy
    An_190911 posted:
    I just went to the doctor who stated that I was having an allergic reaction. I had an IgE test result of 201. I have been having a reaction when eating solid food. I had a food allergy panel done which came up negative. I can't see an allergist for two weeks.
    Amelia_WebMD_Staff responded:
    Welcome Anon!

    I hope that you are doing okay today and am sorry that you have to wait so long. Please let us know how you are and have you had allergies in the past? Starting a food journal to pinpoint what your triggers are may be a good idea while waiting for your appointment. We look forward to hearing more. Take care.
    The difference between an itch and an allergy is about one hundred bucks. - Anonymous
    coughy16 responded:
    Sorry you're having problems. Allergy testing for food is not the most reliable, many allergists have patients follow an elimination diet to determine what's causing the problem. What type of symptoms are you having? You say solid foods, are there particular ones that seem to cause trouble?

    Helpful Tips

    Relief for urticaria
    I had suffered from hives for six years until one doctor (an allergist) finally discovered that it was chronic urticaria. I am allergic to ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    5 of 5 found this helpful

    Related Drug Reviews

    • Drug Name User Reviews

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

    For more information, visit the Duke Health Asthma and Allergies Center