Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Very strange, can't believe this happened!
deluxehd posted:
As most of you know my asthma is triggered by foods and food additives/preservatives. I did blood test positive for potato back in April, but was negative in Oct 2009. It's been about 1 - 1 1/2 months since I made a potato for my husband. So friday night I washed, pierced and cooked a potato. Washed my hands afterwards. I accidentally used the same fork on my food. So I got a clean plate and new food for myself. I had an asthma attack and just figured it was from the fork issue. So saturday at lunch, I washed, pierced and cooked a potato. Washed my hands. Immediately after handling the potato I could feel my reaction starting: warm flush feeling in head, chest tightness, sob and then voice change. I didn't even know this was possible! I still can't believe it! No more potatoes in the house.

Any thought/comments are appreciated.
Debbie

sgbl88 responded:
Hugs girl,
That sounds terrible. When are you going to be able to talk to you allergist about AERD?

Praying for you to get some relief and some real answers.

Take care and God bless.
Sonya
Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end... Ye shall seek me, and find [me]

Helpful Tips

Medications
Check your computer or smart phone before you pay for a Prescribed drug. Your MD does not know the "inactive" ingredients" the computer can ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Asthma and Allergies Center