Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Boyfriend has cat allergies, any cure or remedy?
BethanyLavallee posted:
My boyfriend has cat SEVERE cat allergies and I recently received a cat as a present from a family member. Is there any medication or remedy out there that he take and still be around me and my cat and be able to come to my house and actually be able to come inside?

Chris_WebMD_Staff responded:
I have cat allergies too and my daughter has two cats. It's really difficult there is nothing that really works perfectly. Not even a little. I take an antihistamine, and that helps a bit, but the only real thing that helps is a shower when I get home and some allergy meds. I get shots for seasonal allergies and dogs and cats and still that doesn't help me much.

Wish I had better news, although everyone is different, your boyfriend should talk to his doctor about what can be done to help him!

Good luck.

Helpful Tips

Eczema CareExpert
Emerging research has shown that skin barrier dysfunction plays a central role in atopic dermatitis. Both the involved skin and even the ... More
Was this Helpful?
24 of 34 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Asthma and Allergies Center