Skip to content
Is what he eats in his semen?
An_242834 posted:
I have a severe seafood allergy. If my partner eats something I am allergic to, is it present in his semen so we should avoid contact? I don't want him to avoid foods he enjoys but I don't want the misery of a reaction either. Thanks!

Amelia_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi Anon,

This would be a great thing for you to speak to your allergist about. Unfortunately, I was unable to find any health articles on this topic, but did find this older post that our expert answered, "I do not know of a way by which those food allergens would be present in seminal fluid, but there are individuals that are actually sensitive to seminal fluid proteins which can lead to allergic reactions."

Hope that your doctor will be able to give you even more on the subject and if so, please fill us in! Wishing you and your boyfriend the best.

Take care,
Amelia
The difference between an itch and an allergy is about one hundred bucks. - Anonymous

Helpful Tips

Medications
Check your computer or smart phone before you pay for a Prescribed drug. Your MD does not know the "inactive" ingredients" the computer can ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Asthma and Allergies Center