Skip to content


    Attention All WebMD Community Members:

    These message boards are closed to posting. Please head on over to our new WebMD Message Boards to check out and participate in the great conversations taking place:

    Your new WebMD Message Boards are now open!

    Making the move is as easy as 1-2-3.

    1. Head over to this page:

    2. Choose the tag from the drop-down menu that clicks most with you (and add it to any posts you create so others can easily find and sort through posts)

    3. Start posting

    Have questions? Email us anytime at

    Is what he eats in his semen?
    An_242834 posted:
    I have a severe seafood allergy. If my partner eats something I am allergic to, is it present in his semen so we should avoid contact? I don't want him to avoid foods he enjoys but I don't want the misery of a reaction either. Thanks!
    Amelia_WebMD_Staff responded:
    Hi Anon,

    This would be a great thing for you to speak to your allergist about. Unfortunately, I was unable to find any health articles on this topic, but did find this older post that our expert answered, "I do not know of a way by which those food allergens would be present in seminal fluid, but there are individuals that are actually sensitive to seminal fluid proteins which can lead to allergic reactions."

    Hope that your doctor will be able to give you even more on the subject and if so, please fill us in! Wishing you and your boyfriend the best.

    Take care,
    The difference between an itch and an allergy is about one hundred bucks. - Anonymous

    Helpful Tips

    Relief for urticaria
    I had suffered from hives for six years until one doctor (an allergist) finally discovered that it was chronic urticaria. I am allergic to ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    5 of 5 found this helpful

    Related Drug Reviews

    • Drug Name User Reviews

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

    For more information, visit the Duke Health Asthma and Allergies Center