Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Mold Inhalation
PainWof posted:
I think I may have been exposed to mold. I have some old comic books that have little black spots on them that I believe to be mold. I originally didn't notice it and they were in my bed on my sheets. I also flipped through a few. Since then I have been having headaches, sometimes light bothers me and my eyes are irritated, I have bumps on my back and they itch, I've been ridiculously tired for no reason, and today I blew my nose and there was a little blood on the tissue. I have changed my sheets and haven't touched the comics since. My questions are is any of this related, do i need to do anything special to clean my sheets and should go see a doctor or will these symptoms go away since I remove the dirty sheets?

Amelia_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi PainWof,

I'm so sorry that you are having such awful symptoms and definitely encourage you to see your doctor about these concerns.

Mold can definitely cause allergy problems, asthma and respiratory problems to some who are exposed. A "black mold (Stachybotrys chartarum) is a slow-growing mold that grows only on wood, paper, and cotton. It's often called "toxic black mold," but the mold itself is not poisonous." This mold seems to be just another type of mold (fungus) that is potent and can result in allergic reactions and asthma as well.

Check out this Mold and Allergies Overview and please call your doctor for an appointment. Hope you are feeling better soon!

Please keep us posted!
Amelia
The difference between an itch and an allergy is about one hundred bucks. - Anonymous

Helpful Tips

Herbal health care product
Herbs Solutions By Nature is just the right destination for all those who have been looking for a herbal cure to their relevant disease. We ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 2 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Asthma and Allergies Center