Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Allergy to Test alergy shot
Wendus2 posted:
I'm, a 65 year old going through allergy shots. I was given two shots to see if I was allergic to my 3rd vile. I was in the office, two large swollen
dots. My arm is now swollen, warm to the touch and very itchy. Is there anything I can take to relieve these symptoms?

Aqua14 responded:
By now, probably most of your symptoms have resolved, but if you're still bothered, you can (a) take an antihistamine like Zyrtec, Benadryl, Claritin, etc.; and (b) put an ice pack or bag of frozen peas on your arm. Make sure that you put a paper towel or washcloth around the ice pack so it isn't sitting right on your skin.

Many of us undergoing allergy shots experience these symptoms a lot when we get our shots. Be sure and tell the doctor or shot nurse that you had these symptoms. They can back down your dosage so that you're not so uncomfortable next time.

Hope this helps. Take care & good luck. Judy
It's never too late to be what you might have been. ~ George Eliot. A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.

Helpful Tips

Herbal health care product
Herbs Solutions By Nature is just the right destination for all those who have been looking for a herbal cure to their relevant disease. We ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 2 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Asthma and Allergies Center