Skip to content


    Exciting News for WebMD Members!

    We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

    And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

    What Do You Need to Do?

    The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

    Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

    Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

    Seminal Plasma Hypersensitivity?
    sblackds posted:
    I believe I might be midly allergic to my boyfriend's cum. When I get it on me, my skin inflames, reddens and swells. Little bumps often appear, too. Now I don't mind this reaction as it's mild. However I'm curious as how this allergy would effect me if I swallow his ejaculation?
    Amelia_WebMD_Staff responded:
    Hi sblackds,

    I hope that you will talk to your doctor/allergist about the symptoms that you are experiencing before engaging in sexual intercourse. While I've read that some women with semen allergies actually use desensitization for treatment, if this is not done properly sex can be deadly.

    Please be safe, call your doctor and keep us posted!

    Take care,
    The difference between an itch and an allergy is about one hundred bucks. - Anonymous

    Helpful Tips

    Relief for urticaria
    I had suffered from hives for six years until one doctor (an allergist) finally discovered that it was chronic urticaria. I am allergic to ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    5 of 5 found this helpful

    Related Drug Reviews

    • Drug Name User Reviews

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

    For more information, visit the Duke Health Asthma and Allergies Center