Allergic Reaction
An_244383 posted:
I dyed my hair Saturday night with no itchy problem but Sunday morning not only did my head itch but it was also a bit swollen. I took a Prednisone and it helped with the problem and eventually the swelling went down. The problem was Sunday evening when a group of us were together and I started eating a homemade chex mix. I was okay until I at a nut I was not familiar with. I had a allergic reaction to the nut. My mouth stung a little and my ears started itching. The symptoms went away after 15 minutes but then I got sick to my stomach. I went home and took another Prednisone because I did not have any Antihistamine tablets. I ended up with some diarrhea and threw up from 8:30 pm until 1:00 in the morning. I have never had this happen to me before and wondered if it was a lingering affect of the hair dye. What are your thoughts.

Chris_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hiya,

No guessing at this, I would get yourself to the doctors and share your symptoms and concerns. I hope you feel better soon. It's really difficult to pin down what it might be, leave that up to your health care professional.