Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
My allergies are so bad I can't leave my house!!
jamileigh93 posted:
I want to know if I will ever be able to leave my house! I have severe allergies to mold and I haven't been able to leave for a month. I don't know what to do! Everyday my tongue swells up. If I'm outside for long periods of time I end up in the hospital! please. someone help me! I need advice!

Aqua14 responded:
Have you tried wearing an N95 rated mask when you go outside? I used to do that when my allergies were bad. The mask covers your nose and mouth; your eyes would still be exposed, but you could use antihistamine eye drops like Zaditor or Alaway (same medication, different brand). Wearing a mask may look weird but it's very effective in blocking allergens from your airways.

In the long term, have you thought about allergy shots (allergen immunotherapy)? I've been on them for over 5 years now and for me they've been amazingly effective.

Take care and good luck. Judy
It's never too late to be what you might have been. ~ George Eliot. A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.

Helpful Tips

Herbal health care product
Herbs Solutions By Nature is just the right destination for all those who have been looking for a herbal cure to their relevant disease. We ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 2 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Asthma and Allergies Center