Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Swollen Throat/Neck
cryptorchid posted:
For the past few days my throat/neck has felt swollen and kind of painful. It's a little bit hard to breathe and swallow but I'm not sure if it's because my throat is swollen or if it's just my brain making me think that. Last month I was put on a trial of Qvar and it helped so I went to my doctors last week and they put me on the same dose of it for another two months. My throat started feeling swollen a few days after I started taking the inhaler again but the last time I took it I didn't have any side effects like that so I don't think Qvar caused my throat to feel swollen. I've taken Advil and Benadryl but they haven't helped very much. It's not getting any worse but it's not improving and it has been like this for a few days. It doesn't hurt inside of my throat just on the outside. I haven't been exposed to anything I know I'm allergic to recently and I take Allegra everyday for my allergies so I usually don't have many allergy symptoms. Actually my throat started feeling swollen after I tried different flavors of coconut water. I'm not allergic to coconuts but they did have different flavors of fruit and I am allergic to some tropical fruits, especially pineapple. When I eat tropical fruits they just make my mouth and lips feel weird and itchy but nothing serious. How can I get rid of the swelling in my throat and neck and do I need to see my doctor again?

Helpful Tips

Relief for urticaria
I had suffered from hives for six years until one doctor (an allergist) finally discovered that it was chronic urticaria. I am allergic to ... More
Was this Helpful?
5 of 5 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Asthma and Allergies Center