Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
allergy shots
An_246309 posted:
have all year round seasonal allergy i am taking weekly allergy shots, but as my dosage is increasing instead of allergy getting better my nose always remains stuffy can you explain my why is that so will i get any relief in future........

Aqua14 responded:
How long have you been on the shots, and what medications are you taking along with the shots?

Allergy shots usually take around 3-5 years to reach maximum effectiveness. In the meantime you need to take medications for symptom relief. Most of us take several types of allergy meds to address all symptoms -- e.g., an oral antihistamine plus a nasal steroid or nasal antihistamine.

Also, to address congestion, you could try a sinus saline rinse such as those sold by NeilMed. Some of us find the squeeze bottle to be more effective than the neti pot. You can find the NeilMed squeeze bottle and kit at your local drug store for about $12. Since the saline rinse is nonmedicated you can use it safely several times a day.

Hope these thoughts help you out. Take care and good luck. Judy
It's never too late to be what you might have been. ~ George Eliot. A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.

pritibajaj replied to Aqua14's response:
Hi,I have just started 4 months ago my allergy shots, and i have noticed my stuffy nose symptoms are increasing rather than reducing i am not able to sleep at night my nose gets stuffy can you tell me is it because my shots dose is increasing after every 4 weeks or so and its creating the sympotms so that my allergies can fight ? Ihave tried several antihistamine like claritin clarinex loratodine now i am taking benadryl but not much relief then i use afrin nasal spary.

Yes I have heard about netipot and neilmed but i still have to try that, is that helpful? PLEASE let me know and thank you so much for telling this.

Helpful Tips

Medications
Check your computer or smart phone before you pay for a Prescribed drug. Your MD does not know the "inactive" ingredients" the computer can ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Asthma and Allergies Center