Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Nasal Allergy Cured forever
A6Flyer posted:
I am posting this because I have never really found out exactly why my allergies were cured, just the circumstances that caused the cure.

About 16 years ago I was 34 and had suffered from nasal allergies my whole life. I woke up every morning stuffed and sneezing and never knew what it was like to not have at least one nostril stuffed up all day. Not to mention one dry nostril or both - ever.

We had a hot tub. I used bromine tablets to treat the water. They came in a tubluar continer and we were running low. I shook the container and like an idiot put my face close to the top to see if there was any more in the container. As I did that, the remaining powder residue poured out onto my face and I inhaled some in through my nose.

My nose felt like it was on fire. I flushed it with water and it was very irritated. I did not immediately seek medical attention because it did not feel that bad. It caused some nasal bleeding but it was minor.

The following few days after healing, I noticed a totally new experience, my nostrils were dry. Completely. I also was not stuffed up in the morning at all. I did not even sneeze around dogs or dust anymore.

I went to an allergist, told him what happened and he say I may have effected my nasal receptors.

It was amazing. It still is. I am 49 years old and still have my dry nose.

My 22 year old son suffers the exact same way I did. I often wonder if there is something less drastic that can cure this suffering for people.

I just wanted to share my story.

Aqua14 responded:
Somethings less drastic? Allergy shots.
It's never too late to be what you might have been. ~ George Eliot. A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.

Helpful Tips

Eczema CareExpert
Emerging research has shown that skin barrier dysfunction plays a central role in atopic dermatitis. Both the involved skin and even the ... More
Was this Helpful?
24 of 34 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Asthma and Allergies Center