Skip to content
eye tears and vision worse
manumanu posted:
Hello
My right eye tears uncontrollably on occasion and sometimes its my left. i have always had sinus problems and have recently stopped using nasonex because i felt i was using it too often. My vision is also changing rapidly. I ralize these could be seperate issues but i was wondering if there is a connection and is it ok to take nasonex everyday for months?

Aqua14 responded:
While everyone's different, I have taken Nasonex every day since November 2005 and have had no problems.

How often were you using Nasonex, and how many sprays? At times in the past I have taken 4 sprays per nostril per day, which I think is the maximum recommended amount.

You cannot get addicted to Nasonex. Nasonex is a nasal steroid. Nasal decongestants, like Afrin, are the ones that cause addiction and eventually erode nasal tissue.

You should see your primary care doctor ASAP about your vision problems, because vision "changing rapidly" is a cause for concern and could have many different causes unrelated to allergy.

Hope this helps. Take care and goo dluck. Judy
It's never too late to be what you might have been. ~ George Eliot. A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.

sgbl88 responded:
Hi,

I agree with Judy that you should have your eyes checked to make sure that there is nothing that requires medical attention going on.

My husband and I have similar issues with our vision when allergies are bad. I use a contact lens saline solution to wash my eyes and use Zaditor allegy eye drops. This does take care of the problem for me.

Always start with a thorough medical exam first.

Take care and
God bless.

Sonya
Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end... Ye shall seek me, and find [me]

Helpful Tips

Herbal health care product
Herbs Solutions By Nature is just the right destination for all those who have been looking for a herbal cure to their relevant disease. We ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 2 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Asthma and Allergies Center