Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Cigarette smoke
AshRoxtheMic posted:
Hello all

For the past 6 weeks or so I've been to the er twice and my doc once because of acute bronchitis.. I just can't seem to shake it. My X-rays are clear and they even did an EKG which turned out great as well. The 2nd time in the er I had some congestion in my ears and head to go along with the bronchitis. The acting doctor referred me to an ent in August to see if he can get to the bottom of why I'm staying sick.

I'm constantly having nasal congestion and a cough. On occasion it causes drainage, a headache and a sore throat. Since February I've had 2 sinus infections, 2 rounds or bronchitis(including my current state) and a double ear infection..

I'm wondering if this is all allergy related? I had many troubles when I was younger and after my eardrum ruptured when I was 9 it seemed to get better for a few years. Had tubes in my ears, adenoids removed and tonsils removed. Seemed like my biggest allergy was pollen. I've grown up with many in my family that smoke so I've always been exposed to it. Is it possible to develop an allergy to them? Seems when I'm away from home I get better, but when I come back after a few days I get super sick. The only other thing I can think I'd have an allergy to are my dogs. Which I've also grown up with. I can't really think of anything else that I could be allergic too.

Guess I'll find out for sure on the 7th, but until then I was just wondering opinions and if there was others that are going through this.

Helpful Tips

It helps me sleep
I been getting really bad hives for abot 3 months now, I have no idea why I would be getting hives I been very healthy my whole life, but ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Asthma and Allergies Center