Skip to content
Suffer going on 2 yrs, exhausted, sleep deprived and depressed.
Winterblue2 posted:
Just spent hours reading all your posts about this awful sinus, allergy thing that I did not realize so many people are suffering from. I've also been on many meds, seen ENT, had c-scan of my sinuses and all is normal. This is NOT normal. It's nausty and embarrassing spitting up junk around people. I spend 4 hours in the morning in the bathroom trying to clear up the mucous in my throat and trying to get my nose to run, then spend another 2 hours at bedtime so I can try to get some sleep. I actually dread waking up in the morning knowing what's ahead for me. Of course I don't need to tell you all this cause you know.

So far I've read it's an immune thing, possibly acid reflux, foods you eat, dust mites, mold and mildew...does anyone really know?

The ENT told me to toss the flonaise, claritin, singular and any decongestant sprays because it dries you out. Also some unrelated medications can cause congestion and thickness of mucus. He did say the neti pot can help as long as it's not over used.

My next stop is an allergist so hopefully I can find out if and what I am allergic to. Don't know what else to do.

Thanks fellow suffers for sharing tips and info that have provided some of you with some relief.

Good luck to all and don't forget me if anyone has any other good remedies. Going to take a nap now while I can breath.

Helpful Tips

Relief for urticaria
I had suffered from hives for six years until one doctor (an allergist) finally discovered that it was chronic urticaria. I am allergic to ... More
Was this Helpful?
5 of 5 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Asthma and Allergies Center