Skip to content
Nose Plugged And Runny
StarlitNote posted:
My right nostril is so plugged up that I can't breathe through it, and several tries with the Neti Pot were unsuccessful. Yet, it keeps dripping at the same time. I can't stop blowing my nose. I've taken an antihistamine and a decongestant. Nothing is working, and I'm very frustrated.

WildSpirit009 responded:
I know where you are coming from. Have you tried making your own variation of the netti pot? My mom made me "snort" salt water. I know that sounds funny and weird, but I know for a fact that it works for me. Have you also tried the hot shower or just sitting in your bathroom with the door shut and shower on hot just running? Or an air filter change? There are plenty of things that help allergies and some that just hinder allergies. You just have to figure out what helps and what doesn't. Each person is different and not everything works for everyone the same way. Just keep trying something new. I know something will help out sooner or later.

Best of luck!

Helpful Tips

Medications
Check your computer or smart phone before you pay for a Prescribed drug. Your MD does not know the "inactive" ingredients" the computer can ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Asthma and Allergies Center