Skip to content


    Exciting News for WebMD Members!

    We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

    And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

    What Do You Need to Do?

    The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

    Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

    Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

    fruit allergies
    mayco82 posted:
    my son, age 26, was recently dx with fruit allergies. Can't find any info on this. And how to treat it if he accidently eats fruit. He get very ill
    lissmeanstrouble responded:
    What kind of symptoms does he have? Im becomign curious if I have fruit allergy....
    Olivia_WebMD_Staff responded:
    Hi mayco82 and lissmeanstrouble!

    Here is some information about diagnosing food allergies that you may both find helpful.

    I hope that some others will chime in with their own experiences as well.

    The bottom line is to find out for sure if you're allergic and what may be triggering the reaction is to see your doctor and be referred to an allergist.

    Please let us know what happens. Others here can definitely use your experiences to help them find their way to relief.

    Take care,

    Helpful Tips

    Relief for urticaria
    I had suffered from hives for six years until one doctor (an allergist) finally discovered that it was chronic urticaria. I am allergic to ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    5 of 5 found this helpful

    Related Drug Reviews

    • Drug Name User Reviews

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

    For more information, visit the Duke Health Asthma and Allergies Center