Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Bean allergy
summerlive posted:
I also have a bean allergy and I found out when I was 4. I mainly react to baked beans. When I eat them, my face breaks out in hives, my lips swell up completely, my tongue feels strange and I get a severe tummy ache. When I visited a hospital, they had found that my throat had closed up but it hadn't closed up enough to stop me breathing. I thought it was just the soup in the baked beans but now i am reacting to the bean itself. I have been avoiding it completely but now, it has become so severe that even if someone was to touch me after getting baked beans on their hands etc. I have an allergic reaction, should i visit the hospital again?

Aqua14 responded:
You should visit a board-certified allergist and get an epi-pen, which is an epinephrine auto-injector that can save your life before you get to the hospital. Take care & good luck. Judy
It's never too late to be what you might have been. ~ George Eliot. A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.

Helpful Tips

It helps me sleep
I been getting really bad hives for abot 3 months now, I have no idea why I would be getting hives I been very healthy my whole life, but ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Asthma and Allergies Center