Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Does anyone have a BEER ALLERGY?
Krisha1881 posted:
Hi! My name is Krisha and I am a 31 year old female. Lately, for the past year and half, I have noticed that I would wake up some morning with red puffy swollen eyelids. I wasn't sure what it could be - stress? allergic reactions to stuff I was exposed to at the hospitals I work at? mold? Then I noticed that I wake up with puffy red eyelids after a night of drinks 3+ beers.

Here's some history, I used to drink beer in my early 20s then from 26-30 I usually only drank vodka cocktails. However, since my bf (whom I met a year and a half ago) is a big beer drinker, I now drink more beers than I did in years.

Has anyone out there also experienced this?? Or something similar? Please share and thank you!

angy1984 responded:
yes i have. i went and got tests done and what im allergic to in beer is the yeast. i get the same reaction from it but i'll also get an itchy rash where ever it decides to pop up really

Helpful Tips

regain you taste and smell
I lost my sense of taste and smell 4 years ago and have had multiple operations as well as daily flushed my nose with Pulmacort . My doctor ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 2 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Asthma and Allergies Center