Skip to content
My 10 yr old son lost his voice 4 weeks ago and still can only whisper
cm1980 posted:
My son lost his voice about 4 weeks ago, and has been unable to regain vocal capability. It tough being his age in school and all, but he does not complain. He helps himself to warm tea and honey, and i give him tylonal and throat losages when he asks. However this treatment has done little to no good. He has had bad allergy problems most of his life. Recently we moved from Corpus Christi (36ft ASL) to Colorado Springs (6600ft ASL) and the allergies seem to die down. He has a stopped up nose most of the time and instead of letting me know he simply adapted to breathing through his mouth. I stay up late and watch over my kids, and constantly I awake in early hours to check his pulse and make sure he his breathing. Of course he is but its hard to see him suffer. I am making myself sick worrying about him. Please help!
-Caring Father

Aqua14 responded:
I don't know why you haven't taken him to a doctor yet after 4 weeks of this. Please schedule an appointment with his pediatrician and/or allergist promptly. This is not something for a WebMD board to solve.

Take care and good luck. Judy
It's never too late to be what you might have been. ~ George Eliot. A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.

Helpful Tips

Tip: safe use of epinephrine auto-injectorsExpert
For patients with allergic diseases that place them at risk for severe allergic reactions or anaphylaxis, epinephrine autoinjectors are an ... More
Was this Helpful?
15 of 27 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Asthma and Allergies Center