Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Skin Allergy
Anon_73221 posted:
For a few years now I develop this itching all over my body. Sometimes there may be a rash but often there is none. I also develop hives when I'm stressed out. I use a zyrtec daily and it helps. If I skip my daily dose of zyrtec for even a day the itching starts. Around that same time I was diagnosed with mild asthma which started when I had a severe sinus infection which lasted for 5 months and several rounds of antibiotics and prednisone. Now my asthma is triggered by viral colds, sinus infection, exercise and pollen (especially in the fall).

I guess my question is that since the zyrtec helps with the itching it should be allergy related right? Should I see a dermatologist or an allergist for this?

Aqua14 responded:
Most likely. If the Zyrtec is helping, then you wouldn't necessarily need to consult an allergist. However, you might want to think about starting allergy shots, which will help both with the itching and the allergen-induced asthma. I'm a big proponent of allergy shots -- I'm in my 6th year and they have really helped me.

I also had/have this skin itching. From my reading, it can be caused by allergens on the skin. Zyrtec helps me as well.

Hope this helps. Take care & good luck. Judy
It's never too late to be what you might have been. ~ George Eliot. A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.

Helpful Tips

Medications
Check your computer or smart phone before you pay for a Prescribed drug. Your MD does not know the "inactive" ingredients" the computer can ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Asthma and Allergies Center