Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Possible Allergic Reaction
An_248624 posted:
I am not sure but I have been trying to figure it out for quite sometime. About a year ago I obtained a job at a subway and started noticing my fingers begin to swell, become red, skin started peeling, and open sores. Well once I left that job it cleared up after about a week or two. I recently got a job at a quiznos and started to notice the same thing occuring again. However, I noticed that when I am cutting up tomatoes the itching and redness as swelling becomes worse. If I wash my hands off with warm soap and water this stops. Could this possibly be an allergic reaction to tomatoes or is it something else. I have been checked for psoriasis and eczema and both came up with no results. I have also been told that I needed to get checked for possible lupus since it does run in my family. However, I do not have many of the signs. If anyone could help solve this mystery it would be appreciated.

Helpful Tips

Eczema CareExpert
Emerging research has shown that skin barrier dysfunction plays a central role in atopic dermatitis. Both the involved skin and even the ... More
Was this Helpful?
24 of 34 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Asthma and Allergies Center