Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
kids allergies
DidiLynn83 posted:
Hello everyone! I am new to this site and really just kinda desperate for what to do with my daughter. She is 4 years old and has battled eczema since she was 6 months old. We did not discover that she has actual allergies until seeing a new doctor about 8 months ago. After many skin and blood tests turns out that she is allergic to basically everything outside. She has been on so much medication throughout the year and nothing is getting better. She has trouble sleeping because she is so itchy all the time. She is also not herself and doesn't participate in things;( I'm worried that as she's starting school that kids are gonna pick up on her being different. To make a long story longer, our doctor is now talking about allergy shots because there's so many allergies. Wondering if anyone out there has tried these shots on someone this young. I know it's hard to tell, because every person is so different. I just don't know what to do anymore. I also hate pumping her with so much medicine, worry that that might be worse for her than shots. I appreciate any advice or feedback anyone might have. Thanks!!

Helpful Tips

regain you taste and smell
I lost my sense of taste and smell 4 years ago and have had multiple operations as well as daily flushed my nose with Pulmacort . My doctor ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 2 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Asthma and Allergies Center