Skip to content
Allergies to Kleenex Cool Touch
feckrich posted:
I know this sounds crazy, but I think I finally figured why in the morning after I use the Kleenex Cool Touch tissues I start to sneeze for long periods of time. I don't really have allergies, but I think this Kleenex is the culprit. Has anyone experienced this. Besides this I really don't like these tissues because besides feeling cool they always feel wet. My husband loves them and I don't believe he gets the same reaction.

Aqua14 responded:
There may be a scent in those tissues that is irritating to your nose. Some people also sneeze when using tissues as there is a certain amount of paper dust that tissues give off, particularly the cheaper ones, and the paper dust can irritate your nose.

Take care & good luck. Judy
It's never too late to be what you might have been. ~ George Eliot. A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.

SimplePlan responded:
I found myself doing a search this morning to see if it was possible that Kleenex Cool Touch initiated my, somewhat extreme, allergic reaction yesterday. I'm getting over the flu and yesterday was my first full 24 hours without fever. The preceding 4-5 days, I had fever, cough and slight runny nose but no real severe congestion or nasal symptoms. A very sweet friend dropped me off some things the night before - Kleenex, soup, magazines, etc. I opened up both boxes and started using them throughout the day. My eyes began to get red, teary and were sensitive to light, I started sneezing, my nose started running like a faucet while simultaneously, I became so congested, I couldn't breathe. Having just come off another illness, at first I thought perhaps I was coming down with something else until I realized that the symptoms were so dramatic that it seemed more like an allergic reaction and I began to analyze my day. After some consideration of other culprits, I removed the tissues and isolated myself in my bedroom to see if the symptoms subsided - they did, completely! Now, this is not scientific research, but I'm headed back into my living room this morning to eliminate any other possible sources of allergens by vacuuming and cleaning, but I have no intention of adding Kleenex Cool Touch back into household - at least for now. I will let you know if I do attempt to reintroduce what I suspect to be the culprit, and the outcome.

Helpful Tips

Eczema CareExpert
Emerging research has shown that skin barrier dysfunction plays a central role in atopic dermatitis. Both the involved skin and even the ... More
Was this Helpful?
24 of 34 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Asthma and Allergies Center