Skip to content


    Exciting News for WebMD Members!

    We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

    And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

    What Do You Need to Do?

    The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

    Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

    Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

    immunoPADRASP or RAST
    gremlin9 posted:
    I have an intollerance to the following food preservatives;
    sodium sulfate
    sodium phosphate
    sodium diacetate
    sodium erythorbate
    sodium nitrite
    my kidney even shut down from eating food containing these.
    I am desperatly trying to find the proper name to a test for the allergy AND where this test can be done in phoenix az?I know there is a test, but I am limited to the information 2 labs cannot give me because they do not perform these tests. My Doctor is trying to assist, but it is an unusual situation. The only test he knows of is the basic that tells you what your sodium level is.
    A food type example is pedialyte, ramen soup, deli meats, and prepackaged side dishes .
    Assistance and contacts is what I am desperately looking for to hand over to my Doctor.

    Helpful Tips

    Tip: safe use of epinephrine auto-injectorsExpert
    For patients with allergic diseases that place them at risk for severe allergic reactions or anaphylaxis, epinephrine autoinjectors are an ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    16 of 28 found this helpful

    Related Drug Reviews

    • Drug Name User Reviews

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

    For more information, visit the Duke Health Asthma and Allergies Center