Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
HELP! Buckwheat Allergy
kristylynn5 posted:
Hi everyone. After being sick for quite some time, I finally got allergy tested. One of the more severe foods I reacted to was buckwheat. I was told to stay away from any products containing this. Though it is in most gluten free foods as a wheat supplement, I have also learned it is also used in other products mixed with their flour. I also learned that it is in citrus fruits and also onions and apple peels. I'm having great trouble dertermining what foods I CAN'T EAT. I recently had Barilla Past becase the ingredients had no mention of Buckwheat; it just said contains wheat ingredients. I got very sick and when I looked online, the website said that buckwheat is a primary ingredient in that brand of pasta, yet it was not written on the box. Can anyone help me as to how I can determine products containing buckwheat, even if it's not listed on their package? There is not much out there on the net. Thank you in advance!

Helpful Tips

regain you taste and smell
I lost my sense of taste and smell 4 years ago and have had multiple operations as well as daily flushed my nose with Pulmacort . My doctor ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 2 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Asthma and Allergies Center