Skip to content
Itchy Torment
InN33d0fH3lp posted:
I'm around 50 and this started about a year or two ago. I have researched this and consulted a dermatologist to no avail.
My condition does not conform to most skin conditions in that it is not covering an area. It is usually one small spot, red bump like, or simply red sometimes, but at times, extremely itches, like a mosquito bite.
It is not a mosquito bite... or bed bug or spider.
I have never heard of a bite lasting months or a year. Again it is very random, face, back and stomach... here and there. I try not to scratch, but it just won't go away. The dermatologist is useless. Ahhh... let's try this. like grabbing at straws. To me it's very odd where it happens, the fact it don't spread and the fact it don't go away.

Any ideas???????

sandeemcee responded:
I'm 30 and I have been having the exact same issue since May of this year. The rash will appear in different spots on my body and it looks different everytime, I am always itchy and it doesn't subside no matter how many antihistamines I take. I have gone to the dermatologist several times and everytime he prescribes me a different antihistamine that do not help. I have a suspicion that i have a gluten allergy. But it's hard to convince my doctor since I dont have all the clear signs of a gluten allergy.

Helpful Tips

Eczema CareExpert
Emerging research has shown that skin barrier dysfunction plays a central role in atopic dermatitis. Both the involved skin and even the ... More
Was this Helpful?
24 of 34 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Asthma and Allergies Center