Skip to content
Tingling scalp that leads to itching during odd parts of the day
An_249335 posted:
So I've had this tingling urge to scratch my hair scalp since 5th grade. however this started off as a stress reliever. I was diagnosed diabetes in 7th grade .I was doing well for the first 3 years and after I went back to eating unhealthy. I also have had eczema my whole life, usually in the summer my skin flares really bad. My scalp didn't start tingling until 11th grade and now that i'm in my sophmore year in college it's gotten worse. It happens in random times of the day like at 8:30, 2:00 pm and random time in the evening. it also tingles and itches when I sneeze or after I eat something in general. When I sneeze my head starts to tingle like when the top of your mouth itches then right after it starts itching.I also had a cutting phase when I was younger and tried to attempt suicide , I talked about it with my parents but I never really talked about it like that just a little and I bottle that up . I got bullied in 5thgrade and thats how I started scratching my hair. I resolved the whole problem but I wonder if thats apart of why my head itches. It really itches when I eat something salty or sweet. I though it was diabetes however, I went on a diet and it still happens. I thought it was the stress from school but im on break and relaxed and it still happens. I also thought it was eczema but the dermatoligist gave me spray and it hasn't been working. The only thing that stops the itching is tea tree oil. Could I have dust mites, or be allergic to lint? Could it be damaged nerves for not taking care of my diabetes? Is it something pyschological I know I get really nervous about social events but it doesn't happen in public it happens when im sitting at hoe or some where with out people. Its dry up there , but there are no bumps or any thing, just welps or scabs from where I scratched it . I wash it when it itches and that helps relieve it but 10 minutes later it starts itching again ... I have no clue what could be causing it Im trying to grow out my hair but it's hard when it itches all the time. Does any one else have these random tingling sensations in the scalp that lead to itching ?

Helpful Tips

Relief for urticaria
I had suffered from hives for six years until one doctor (an allergist) finally discovered that it was chronic urticaria. I am allergic to ... More
Was this Helpful?
5 of 5 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Asthma and Allergies Center